We are happy to announce an in-person orchid judging with our first location at J&L Orchids on August 15th. The address of this event is 20 Sherwood Rd, Easton, CT 06612.
If you are an exhibitor with a plant for judging, specifically located in New England, New York, or New Jersey, please send an email before 5pm ET, Thursday, August 13th, to northeastjudgingcenter@
gmail.com to let us know you are coming. If you do not let us know you are coming and we exceed the safe limit of attendees, you will not be admitted to the event. We are sorry for this, but it is the only way we can try to keep everyone as safe as possible. Please like our page @AOSNortheastJudging (https://www.facebook.com/AOSNortheastJudging/) and check subsequent FB posting up to the time of the event in case there are last-minute changes.
This event will adhere to all current local and state social distancing guidelines during the pandemic as safety is our priority. Please be prepared to adhere to the following when attending:
- all plants must be at the location by 11 AM to be judged that day
- please limit drop-off to one person, and please wear a mask
- please follow directions on arrival about using hand sanitizer when filling out paperwork
- depending on the number of attendees on the day, you may be asked to leave your plant and come back at a specified time to pick it up after it is judged
- if we are within safe attendee numbers you may stay, but you will be asked to maintain six feet distance and wear your mask throughout the judging event
- there will be some seating available, but if you wish to bring your own folding or portable chair to the event, it is encouraged
The meeting will start with a brief discussion about business, followed by a short education program, then plant judging will begin at about 11:30 am.
Look for an announcement about our new temporary location in New Jersey, starting in September. FYI, we expect to get back to our Frelinghuysen Arboretum location sometime in early 2021.
We look forward to seeing you and getting back to awarding orchids safely!
The AOS Northeast Judging Center Judges